Line Clearance Arborist Certification
Price includes a course manual, which will be provided at the time of your training.
Learn How to be a Safer Line Clearance Arborist
This is a four-day course with a minimum of 40 hours. This course is offered exclusively through ACRT Arborist Training, and is the only national line clearance certification program in the United States. Successful completion of this course satisfies OSHA’s electrical safety training requirement for students.
The Line Clearance Arborist Certification is designed for the tree worker whose person, tree, or equipment comes within the 10’ safety zone around energized wires. ACRT Arborist Training certification as a Line Clearance Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist Trainee is issued upon satisfactory completion of the class.
The prerequisites for this class are:
- Two years of experience as a tree trimmer
- Ability to tie at least four basic knots
- Basic knowledge of ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Some knowledge of safe chainsaw techniques on the ground and in the tree
- Proof of CPR and first-aid training
In this class your employees will learn:
- To work safely in proximity to energized lines
- Tree growth patterns
- How a tree can be damaged and how to care for damaged trees
- The concept of directional pruning
- Current ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Basic tree identification criteria
- Correct use of a chainsaw
- How to perform a safe aerial rescue
- Common knots used in tree care
- Electrical Hardware Identification
- How an electrical grid functions
In order to pass this class, individuals must:
- Perform a safe aerial rescue by the end of the class (manual or using an aerial lift)
- Perform a successful work skills climb or work skills test using an aerial lift
- Tie 10 common knots used in tree care
- Pass a general knowledge classroom test
- Pass an Electrical Hardware Identification test
Upon successful completion of this class, individuals will receive:
- A one-year certification from ACRT Arborist Training as a Line Clearance Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist Trainee*
- The current ANSI Safety Standards
- Hardhat decal for line clearance training
- Wallet identification card for line clearance training
- ISA Continuing Education Units (CEUs), if requested
ACRT (Arlington, TX )
2501 Centennial Dr.
Arlington, TX 76011
ACRT (Nashville, TN)
1100 Kermit Dr., Suite 204
Nashville, TN 37217
Punderson Manor Lodge & Conference Center (Newbury, OH)
11755 Kinsman Rd.,
Newbury, OH 44065
The Biltmore Estate (Asheville, NC)
2 Hendersonville Rd., Suite C
Asheville, NC 28803
Lewis Street Park Gazebo (Monroe, WA)
561 South Lewis St.
Monroe, WA 98272
850 Burlingame Ave.
Burlingame, CA 94010
The Urban Forestry Center (Portsmouth, NH)
27 Elwyn Rd.,
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Toddhall Retreat and Conference Center
320 Todd Center Dr.
Columbia, IL 62236.
*Certifications expire after one year. Contact ACRT Arborist Training for recertification options.